Creamy Spinach Chicken Pasta is on the menu any night of the week! Enjoy this delicious gluten free dinner idea that’s easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. This gluten free recipe is one you’ll make time and time again.
Customize with your favourite gluten free pasta and enjoy in endless different ways.
Creamy Spinach Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups cooked pasta gluten free (preferred noodle type)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 cups spinach fresh coarsely chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 green/red peppers chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in soup and cream
- Bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 2 minutes
- Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper (and any additional optional ingredients); cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat
- Sprinkle with parmesan and red pepper flakes
Make this creamy spinach chicken pasta recipe your own! Try a variety of different gluten free pasta options or use different cuts of chicken. Swap out the spinach for kale, or other similar leafy greens.
Can you use frozen spinach instead of fresh spinach? It is possible to substitute frozen spinach for fresh, however we recommend thawing and draining thoroughly. Also keep in mind one average bag of frozen spinach yields approximately 1-1/2 cups after cooking.
Struggling to find gluten free cream of mushroom soup locally? Consider trying Great Value Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup.
When it is hard to find heavy cream and chicken breasts, and spinach is out of season, we have used 16 oz. of frozen cut leaf spinach and deboned chicken thighs, trimming them very well. Substituting for light cream is optional, however we would suggest increasing cheese amounts when doing so.