Expand your gluten free dinner ideas with an easy to make Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie recipe designed to work perfectly with gluten free frozen pie shells!
Ready in less than an hour, perfect for busy weeknights and weekend dinners with the family. Ready to try out this gluten free chicken pot pie recipe from Gluten Free Journey? Lets do it!
Chicken Pot Pie with Gluten Free Frozen Pie Shells
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup gluten free
- 1 can cream of celery soup gluten free
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups frozen vegetables vegetable medleys work fine
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 frozen pie shells gluten free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut chicken breasts into small sizes & cook chicken thoroughly on stove pot in a deep pan/pot, seasoning as desired with favourite spices
- Drain chicken and return to heat
- Add cream of chicken & celery, milk, AP GF flour, minced onions & garlic, frozen vegetables
- Stir consistently until slight boil
- Add chicken mixture to frozen pie shell(s)
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Cover with second pie shell and poke vent holes
- Cook for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees or until pie crust is golden brown
- Rest for 5-10 minutes and serve
Struggling to find gluten free pie shells? Give Cup4Cup Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix a try for homemade gluten free pie shells. This easy bake pie crust mix delivers the same taste and texture as traditional flour. The Cup4Cup Pie Crust Mix makes it easy to prepare sweet or savoury pies, tarts and quiche with a light and flaky crust — just blend with butter, water and egg yolk.
In need of cream of either soups? Finding gluten free soup is hard, but not impossible! Try Pacific Foods Organic Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Celery Soup! Both work and taste perfect with this recipe, and yes they’re gluten free.