Gluten Free White Cake | Classic Birthday Cake Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or toothpick comes out clean.