A peanut butter cookie recipe is always a hit. Our classic gluten free cookies are a favourite the whole family will love. You’ll soon see why many people say these are the Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies they’ve ever had.
Offering the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth texture, with crisp edges and a creamy, rich middle. They are quick, no chilling required, and only take under an hour to make!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Butter softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Add gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets; flatten balls in criss-cross pattern with fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Recipe Tips & Notes
This gluten free recipe gives you tons of nut butter flavour and richness, and an incredible texture when you bite into it. It’s slightly crisp on the edges, but soft, chewy, moist, and almost fluffy. These are phenomenal when enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but are still delicious after they’ve cooled too.
Do not overmix – Just as with virtually every other gluten free baking recipe involving flour, make sure not to overmix. For the most consistent results, use creamy style nut butter versus a natural peanut butter.
Searching for an all-purpose gluten free flour? Find a great selection of APGFF options online including Cup4Cup, Bob’s Red Mill and more. The all-purpose flour you choose will play a big roll in the flavour of your gluten free cookies, so take the time to find something you love.