Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings - Easy Crockpot Dinners
- 3 large potatoes (small cubes)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup peas
- 5 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless preferred )
- 2 cans cream of chicken (look for gluten free options)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (additional may be required)
- Wash and chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel and chop onion into small pieces.
- Wash and chop carrots into small cubes.
- Add vegetables to crockpot.
- Combine cream of chicken, milk and water into crockpot.
- Chop boneless skinless chicken breasts into cube sized pieces.
- Add chicken to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Sift all-purpose gluten free flour into a medium sized bowl.
- Add baking powder and salt to flour dish, combine thoroughly.
- Slowly mix in milk with dry ingredients.
- Batter should be moist and able to be rolled in hand.
- Add dumplings to crockpot 40 minutes* before cooking time ends.