A crispy crust with a juicy center is the goal of every Gluten Free Pork Schnitzel made in our kitchen! This easy dinner recipe will do just that. Substitute with boneless chicken too if you’d prefer.
Using thin, boneless pork chops or chicken cutlets, this Gluten Free Schnitzel is a quick and easy dinner perfect for the menu any night of the week.
Serve with a side of fresh lemon wedges to add a little extra burst of flavour!
Gluten Free Pork Schnitzel Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds pork loin chops boneless
- ½ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon wedges
- Tenderize meat to approximately 1/4 inch thickness
- Using three separate plates/bowls, place gluten free flour & spices in one, beaten eggs in second, and panko crumbs in third dish
- Begin heating oil in frying pan
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, and *optional buttermilk on pork loins
- Press pork loin into gluten free flour mixture, coating both sides
- Dip into egg mixture and coat
- Coat pork loin in panko crumbs and set aside
- Repeat for each piece of pork loin
- Let sit in fridge for 10 minutes to allow gluten free breadcrumbs to adhere to pork
- Add pork loin to heated frying pan
- Cook until bottom is golden brown and flip to cook other side
- Remove from pan and serve hot & crispy
Recipe Tips & Notes
This recipe was a classic in our kitchen before being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. It continues to be apart of our gluten free lifestyle for a good reason. This is a simple, flavourful and customizable gluten free recipe. We hope it also becomes a new favourite for you too.
Pork Schnitzel has been around for a long time for good reason. It’s so simple, flavorful and delicious. I hope this becomes a new favorite for you as well!
Can you cook gluten free schnitzel in the oven?
Cooking in the oven is an option too. An oven baked schnitzel is commonly lower in fat than traditional fried schnitzel, but both taste just as good!
Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Place coated pork/chicken on lightly greased baking tray and drizzle with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Are there gluten free panko breadcrumbs?
You can enjoy your favourite breaded foods again thanks to 4C Foods Gluten Free Plain Crumbs, a staple ingredient for a wide variety of gluten free dishes. These gluten-free bread crumbs are suitable for a wide variety of meal applications, including succulent meatballs, stuffings and cutlets. They help to provide your food with satisfyingly crunchy exteriors. Combine them with your very own spices to take them even further. These seasoned bread crumbs come in a 12-oz container and your choice of pack sizes.
Found some center cut pork chops on sale at the grocery store the other day bought two packs, brought them home and made this recipe. Served alongside roasted potatoes and they were wonderful! Lemon is a definite must. Only change I made was at the same amount of spices to both the flour and the panko crumbs.