A creamy velvety soup that is definitely much better and safer for Celiacs than Panera’s not gluten free broccoli cheddar soup!
Enjoy in under 30 minutes, without any of the cross contamination risks.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup - Homemade Gluten Free Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free cornstarch
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock or vegetable
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets or 1 large head cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot grated or julienned
- 2 cups milk or light or heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese grated - mild, medium, or sharp
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and saute for minute.
- Add gluten free AP flour & cornstarch and whisk for 1-2 minutes or until begins to turn golden in colour.
- Pour in chicken/vegetable stock, broccoli florets, carrots, and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots are cooked through.
- Stir in milk and cheddar cheese and simmer for another minute.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.