Have you ever made French toast? Bread pudding is commonly compared to it, but for dessert! Even if you haven’t, this is one Gluten Free Dessert Recipe everyone can enjoy making, and eating! Made with the most basic of ingredients and customizable with many different bread types, custards and fruits.
Gluten Free Bread Pudding is going from an old fashioned classic, to a Celiac must have!
Old Fashioned Gluten Free Bread Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups gluten free bread cubes soft, about 12 slices
- ½ cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using a 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot
- In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins
- Gently stir in milk mixture
- Pour into ungreased deep round pan or ramekins
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted from edge comes out clean
- Serve warm with whipping cream or custard
Missing the right baking dishes for your recipe? We love using 8oz Ramekins Bakeware Dishes that are oven safe. They’ve been a continued great option to use. Plus they are great for making individual portions to give to friends & family. Gluten Free Desserts are always a great surprise for every Celiac!