Have you ever made French toast? Bread pudding is commonly compared to it, but for dessert! Even if you haven’t, this is one Gluten Free Dessert Recipe everyone can enjoy making and eating!
Made with the most basic of ingredients and customizable with many different bread types, custards and fruits.
Gluten Free Bread Pudding is going from an old fashioned classic, to a Celiac must have!
Traditional Gluten Free Bread Pudding
- 6 cups gluten free bread cubes soft, about 12 slices
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using a 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot
- In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins
- Gently stir in milk mixture
- Pour into ungreased deep round pan or ramekins
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted from edge comes out clean
- Serve warm with whipping cream or custard
Recipe Tips & Notes
With a growing selection of gluten free breads, it is easy to customize the flavour and structure of this gluten free bread pudding recipe. View a collection of gluten free breads featured with Gluten Free Journey.
A popular choice for this bread pudding recipe is Schar Gluten Free Artisan Baker White Bread.
Missing the right baking dishes for your recipe? We love using 8oz Ramekins Bakeware Dishes that are oven safe. They’ve been a continued great option to use. Plus they are great for making individual portions to give to friends & family. Gluten Free Desserts are always a great surprise for every Celiac!