Your next gluten free breakfast will be an absolute breeze with this easy to make Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe!
Whip up the batter the night before, pour into a buttered sheet pan, then be rewarded with piping hot, fluffy pancakes for everyone! Set the table with your favourite toppings and enjoy the easy, relaxed mornings you always deserve.
This gluten free recipe can be customized to your hearts content. Add a variety of different toppings and treat everyone with their favourite pancake flavours.
Sheet Pan Pancakes – Easy Gluten Free Pancakes
- 2 ½ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, and melted butter together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until you see no more flour. (It's okay to have some lumps)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with butter
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and even out the top with a spatula
- Place toppings on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt additional butter and spread across top of sheet pan pancake.
- Set oven to broil.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into squares and serve immediately, or freeze up to 1 month.
Recipe Tips & Notes
How to Store Leftover Gluten Free Pancakes
Your leftover gluten free pancakes will last up to 5 days stored in an airtight container, in the fridge. Make sure they’ve completely come down to room temperature before storing them. Reheat in the oven at 325F for 5-10 minutes.
Freezing Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes
Slice the pancakes into your desired size. Using a parchment paper lined sheet pan, place the sliced pancakes on the pan with space between them. You may need to do this in batches if there are lots. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid, then transfer them to a large airtight container or freezer bag.
Let thaw at room temperature, then reheat using above reheating method.
What is the Best Gluten Free Flour?
There are an abundance of options when it comes to gluten free flours. We recommend using a flour option that you’re a fan of as pancakes do take shape from their flours flavouring & textures. Great Value Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour is a good budget friendly option, especially when making a large quantity. Offering a sweet taste with a soft texture every time.
Our favourite all-purpose flour to use for this recipe is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. With the combination of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, whole grain sorghum flour, and fava bean flours, it offers a dynamic texture of flavours for these homemade pancakes.