Ready for an easy gluten free muffins recipe that’s simple to make and perfect for gluten free breakfast? Whether it is apple season or not, these delicious Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins are sure to make you and your family want more all year long.
These gluten free muffins are bursting full of delicious fresh apple and cinnamon flavours in every bite. The kids will love them too!
Looking for an extra kick of cinnamon flavour? Increase to your hearts content! Make, share and enjoy this delicious gluten free muffin recipe!
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum omit if your blend already contains it
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups apples peeled, cored, and diced apples
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sour cream substitute Greek yogurt if preferred
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line the wells of a standard 12-cup muffin tin and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Whisk to combine well.
- In a separate, medium-size bowl, place the diced apples and mix with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cornstarch.
- Add about 2/3 of the apple mixture to the large bowl of dry ingredients, and toss to coat.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla, mixing to combine after each addition. (expect a thick batter)
- Fill the prepared wells of the muffin tin all the way – level tops with wet finger/spoon
- Scatter the tops with a few pieces of the remaining apple mixture each, and press gently to help the apples adhere.
- Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake until lightly golden brown all over and firm to the touch, approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Tips & Notes
Increase the airy texture of your gluten free baking by sifting your flours before use. We also suggest letting your batter sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking, this has improved texture for us.
These gluten free apple cinnamon muffins would work well with nuts or raisins as well, if you like that sort of thing in your muffins. Looking to try out different fruits? Pears and similar fruits also work great!
Searching for all purpose gluten free flour that works well with this gluten free recipe? Try Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, you can simply replace wheat flour with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 for the perfectly textured, delicous gluten free baked goods such as these Gluten Free Muffins!