Looking for the perfect way to start your morning? This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe is soft and buttery on the inside, and full of melt in your mouth chocolate chips! We are always up for anything chocolate, even when it comes to breakfast. What’s easier to whip up than a batch of gluten free muffins?
Ready to try our BEST and easiest gluten free muffins recipe? Always a kid favourite, these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins taste like cookies in healthier muffin form. These Bakery-Style Muffins are going to be a must have in your gluten free kitchen.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips, set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients
- Slowly fold together until just combined
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy warm
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Hoping for bakery style gluten free chocolate chip muffins? Increase the muffin batter amount per baking cup. You will need enough volume of batter to fill the tins to the near top.
These Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist, fluffy, and rich in flavour, loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips in every mouthwatering bite. Substitute chocolate chips with other favourites, including milk chocolate or a combination of chocolate and white chocolate.
Love cinnamon? Add a teaspoon and turn this into Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe!
Just like mom used to make, and comes together in just minutes for an easy gluten free muffin that’s perfect for breakfast, snack or whenever you’d like! They’re so delicious, you’ll devour the whole muffin, not just the tops!
Are Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Gluten Free?
Yes, it is common for most semi-sweet chocolate chips to be gluten free. Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips are gluten-free. All Nestle chocolate chip varieties are gluten-free! We were happy to learn that chocolate, in and of itself, does not contain any gluten.
Is there a difference between cupcake liners and muffin liners?
No, cupcake liners and muffin liners are the same. We love that using muffin liners helps us guarantee a beautiful muffin that is always easier to remove from the muffin pans. Plus muffins are more hygienic to handle when in muffin liners.
Are silicone muffin liners safe for gluten free?
Silicone muffin liners is an ideal option in gluten free kitchens. The flexible material and nonstick surface allows you to effortlessly slip gluten free baked goods from pans & baking tins, without breaking or splitting. If shared, gluten can leach into plastic, silicone, wood, and other porous materials. You’ll need to replace or have a second set of muffin liners to keep your gluten free baking truly free of gluten.