The best gluten free stuffing is made with a rich, savoury, homemade turkey broth. The richer, the better. That turkey’s flavour is what you want!
Using your favourite gluten free bread and holiday spices, enjoy this moist and fluffy holiday classic, whether you call it stuffing or dressing!
Gluten Free Stuffing | Christmas & Thanksgiving Easy Dressing Recipe
- 10 cups gluten free bread cubed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 large yellow onions diced
- 4 large celery stalks diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup sage leaves finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups turkey broth chicken/vegetable
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 225°F.
- Spread the bread cubes on a large, rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake until quite crisp, stirring every 30 minutes, about 90 minutes total.
- After removing the bread from the oven, turn up the oven temperature to 375°F.
Cook in Skillet
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sage and thyme and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat.
Back to Bread
- Transfer the toasted bread to a large bowl.
- Add the onion mixture and fold to combine.
- Place the broth, eggs, and salt in a separate medium bowl, season with a generous amount of pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour over the bread & onion mixture and stir until evenly combined.
Prepare to Bake
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- Transfer the bread mixture into the baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the top.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the top is golden-brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Let the dressing cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for an easier solution to gluten free stuffing? Try Olivia’s Gluten Free Rosemary & Sage Stuffing, they haven’t forgotten their gluten free friends! Now everyone can enjoy stuffing at the holidays.