Gluten Free Stuffing | Christmas & Thanksgiving Easy Dressing Recipe
- 10 cups gluten free bread (cubed)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 large yellow onions (diced)
- 4 large celery stalks (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups turkey broth (chicken/vegetable)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 225°F.
- Spread the bread cubes on a large, rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake until quite crisp, stirring every 30 minutes, about 90 minutes total.
- After removing the bread from the oven, turn up the oven temperature to 375°F.
Cook in Skillet
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sage and thyme and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat.
Back to Bread
- Transfer the toasted bread to a large bowl.
- Add the onion mixture and fold to combine.
- Place the broth, eggs, and salt in a separate medium bowl, season with a generous amount of pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour over the bread & onion mixture and stir until evenly combined.
Prepare to Bake
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- Transfer the bread mixture into the baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the top.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the top is golden-brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Let the dressing cool for 10 minutes before serving.