Ready to take your gluten free dessert game to the next level? This airy, soft and gluten free Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake is ready to show off.
Try our new favourite gluten free Strawberry & Whipped Cream Cake recipe below!
It is jam packed with juicy fresh strawberries and whipped cream, and super easy to make! Customize to your hearts content with a delicious array of fruits too.
Strawberry and Whipped Cream Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yoghurt
Strawberry Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar or more depending on sweetness of strawberries
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 pint heavy cream well chilled - large carton
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar using a hand mixer or stand mixer, then add egg whites and vanilla - beat for approximately 30 seconds.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, milk, and yogurt - Beat until combined.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until lightly golden and toothpick comes out clean. Recommended to cool pans on racks for about ten minutes, then remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
For the strawberry filling:
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside to allow the juices to release.
For the whipped cream:
- Place the bowl and whisk attachment for your stand mixer or a metal or glass bowl and beaters for your hand mixer in the fridge or freezer until they are cold.
- Add the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the chilled bowl.
- Beat on medium-high to high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat.
Time to Assemble!
- Slice cooled cake layers in half to create 4 thinner cake layers
- Place one layer of the cake on a plate, and spread with about a half cup of the whipped cream.
- Layer on about half of the sliced strawberries
- Spread about another half cup of whipped cream on top of the strawberries.
- Top with the second cake layer.
- Repeat strawberry and whipped cream steps until you've reached the final cake layer.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top and sides of the cake to cover completely.
- Garnish with the whole and/or sliced strawberries, as desired.
Recipe Tips & Notes
Struggling to find gluten free all-purpose flour? Shop from a variety of popular gluten free brands online!
This strawberry cake was FANTASTIC!!! I have to tell you, the flavor was out of this world. So impressed!!! So was my husband, and everyone at work commented about how delicious it was!!
My husband made me this cake for my birthday today, and I have to say it’s one of the best homemade gluten free cakes I’ve ever eaten! Absolutely delicious!! I’m looking forward to another slice after the kids go to bed ☺️
Such an airy, delicious cake! This was easier than expected and a big hit with everyone. Will be using again during strawberry season!!
Made this for my birthday cake this year as I’m a strawberry lover and this was delicious! The strawberries had a nice tartness to it that made the cake not too super-sweet. Yummy!
I was excited to uncover this recipe. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic cake idea!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to check out new stuff in your website.