Try our no rise gluten free bagels recipe that bring gluten free breakfast recipes up a notch, or ten!
Yes there is an easy, quick gluten free bagels recipe that DOES exist. It is time to add bagels back to your gluten free diet.
Gluten Free Bagels
- 3 ½ cups gluten free bread flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast gluten free
- 2 tablespoons sugar granulated
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 egg beaten (egg wash)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, set it aside
- In a medium-sized, covered saucepan, bring the water bath to a boil over medium-high heat
Prepare Bagel Dough
- In the bowl of stand mixer, add bread flour, yeast and granulated sugar, use a whisk to combine well
- Add the salt and whisk to combine well
- Add the water and butter, and mix on low speed with the dough hook(s) until combined
- Raise the mixer speed to medium and knead for approximately 5 minutes or until smooth
- Spray a silicone spatula lightly with cooking oil spray and scrape sides of bowl
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes
Shape Bagel Rolls
- Remove from the refrigerator, and transfer it to a surface lightly sprinkled with bread flour
- Sprinkle the dough very lightly with more flour and turn it over on itself a few times until the dough is smoother
- Using a bench scraper or sharp knife, divide the dough into 8 equal pieces
- Shape the pieces into rounds of dough
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart
- Place a floured finger in the center of each round of dough
- Press down to the bottom and move around in a circular motion to create a hole that is at least 1 1/2-inches wide
Boil in Water Bath
- Place as many of the raw, shaped bagels in the boiling water bath as can fit without crowding and boil them for about 45 seconds total
- Turn the bagels over gently to evenly boil
- Remove the boiled bagels from the water bath and return to the baking sheet
- Brush the tops and sides with the egg wash
- Add toppings (seeds, nuts, etc)
Bake in Oven
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the bagels are golden brown all over
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly before serving
Add to your gluten free bagels with your favourite extras including poppy seeds, sesame seeds, raisins and more. This can become the ultimate foundation for whatever sweet or savoury topping or filling combination you can dream up.
Looking for some fun toppings to add to your bagels? Try Spicy Devil Everything Bagel Seasoning!
Never thought I’d get to try homemade bagels again. Can’t believe I did it!! Thank you GFJ.
There really was no rise needed. Great gluten free bagels. Nice treat for breakfast!