Expand your gluten free dinner menu with this delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmigiana recipe. For the bread crumb coating, we prefer to start with plain GF breadcrumbs and enhance with our favourite flavours. And using a very simple, classic Italian-American tomato sauce that has a bright and tomato-y flavour that cuts through the richness of the chicken and pasta makes this a must have.
Use your favourite gluten free bread crumbs and classic spaghetti sauce, and soon you’ll be wishing you’d have tried this easy dinner recipe sooner.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 ounces dry gluten free bread crumbs panko
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ¾ 16 ounce jar spaghetti sauce gluten free
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Pour egg into a small shallow bowl and whisk.
- Place GF bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg, then into the GF bread crumbs.
- Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes/until golden brown.
Recipe Tips & Notes
Commonly a great pub favourite and we were excited to finally get it to work gluten free! Pollo alla parmigiana in Italian, but affectionately referred by Aussies as Parma, Parmi, you’ll love this gluten free dinner recipe with extra crispy schnitzel, best ever parmigiana and juicy marinated chicken.
How to Crumb GF Chicken Parmigiana
Getting a good crumb on your chicken is easier than you think. First, select your favourite gluten free bread crumb. 4C Foods Gluten Free Plain Crumbs Canister is a popular choice for many!
In three separate bowls setup your flour mixture, egg mixture and breadcrumbs. Take each individual chicken piece through each bowl, starting with flour, then egg and then GF bread crumbs. Do this several times to increase layers. Bake or fry once you’re happy with your crumb texture.