Gluten Free Chicken Parmigiana
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 ounces dry gluten free bread crumbs (panko)
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast (halves)
- ¾ 16 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (gluten free)
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Pour egg into a small shallow bowl and whisk.
- Place GF bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg, then into the GF bread crumbs.
- Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes/until golden brown.