If you’re looking for the best Gluten Free French toast recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This tender, fluffy, and indulgent recipe comes together quickly and easily with just a few ingredients you likely already have on hand.
There are many different fancy variations of this easy gluten free recipe. This french toast recipe works with many types of gluten free breads – classic white, brioche, cinnamon-raisin, Italian, or French.
Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup, or get creative with fruits and sweet treats!
Make restaurant-quality GF French toast in the comfort of your own home. All you will need is a skillet, a few staple ingredients, and a good gluten free recipe. That’s where we come in! Enjoy.
Gluten Free French Toast
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- 4-6 slices gluten free bread Promise Brioche is our favourite
- Add all ingredients (except bread) to a large bowl and whisk together
- Heat a griddle or skillet on medium-high heat and coat pan lightly with butter
- Soak gluten free bread for 1 to 2 minutes per slice in mixture
- Add soaked bread to pan and cook 2-4 minutes per side, until both sides are golden brown
It is common for French toast to be made with day-old slices. This is because they absorb the eggy mixture better than fresh bread. Of course, a slightly stale gluten free loaf is certainly not a requirement. If you only have fresh gluten free bread on hand, that’ll work just fine too.