The single most requested dessert at every holiday table. Now ours offers Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie with this holiday must have recipe.
Come October, you are likely going to find pumpkin everything, but we can never resist enjoying a classic slice of pie at Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, Tuesday, we are always down for gluten free pie!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 15 ounce pumpkin purée can
- 1 12 ounce evaporated milk can
- 1 gluten free pie crust chilled or frozen
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl or mixer
- Mix in the brown sugar, salt, spices (cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg).
- Mix in pumpkin puree
- Stir in evaporated milk and beat until everything is mixed and smooth
- Pour the filling into an uncooked chilled or frozen pie shell
- Bake at a high temperature of 425°F for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, lower temperature to 350F
- Continue baking for an additional 45 to 55 minutes
- Pie is done when a knife tip inserted in the center comes out wet but relatively clean (minimal wiggle)
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours minimum
- Serve with whipped cream
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Substitute canned pumpkin puree with 2 cups sugar pumpkin pulp purée or puréed cooked butternut squash
- Avoid over browning pie crust edges with foil or a pie protector
Searching for a gluten free pie crust? Try out our easy to make gluten free pie crust recipe! We also love to cheat with our pie recipes and turn to gluten free frozen pie shells when we are short on time. A great option is Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Pie Crust which comes in a two pack. Thanksgiving & Christmas will thank you!