When the Baked Feta Pasta craze hit TikTok, we knew it was obvious roasting a block of feta with bursting fresh cherry tomatoes was going to be amazing. But was it really good enough to break the internet? An easy weeknight gluten free pasta dish that’s fuss free and full of flavour, what’s not to love?!
With some additional gluten free ingredients and savoury flavours, we made it into our own delicious easy Gluten Free Dinner recipe, and enjoy it every chance we have feta in our kitchen. You have to try out this baked feta pasta that’s bursting with cherry tomatoes & goes great with most gluten free pasta noodles.
Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot quartered
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 block feta
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 oz. gluten free pasta
- Zest of 1 lemon optional
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and all but 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine
- Place feta into center of tomato mixture and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Add thyme sprigs over tomatoes
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook gluten free pasta until al dente according to package directions
- Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining
- In skillet with tomatoes and feta, add cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, and lemon zest (if using) and stir until combined
- Garnish with basil and serve!
This naturally gluten free dish is very hands-off with all the magic happening in the oven. Made with a handful of common ingredients in our households, it’s no wonder this dish went viral and is now considered the TikTok Pasta!
Looking for the perfect gluten free pasta noodle to go with this dinner recipe? We love using a Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta Noodle when making this Baked Feta Pasta. The curves work perfectly for holding the feta tomato sauce in every bite. The stronger the noodle, the better.
How to Bake Cherry Tomatoes to Become Saucy
The rule when you’re roasting cherry tomatoes is if you want them to be saucy, crowd the baking pan. Meaning, the more the cherry tomatoes, the better. If you want dry roasted, place in a single layer to allow for air circulation. You can also cook on the stovetop over medium-low heat until desired thickness.
Can you make this Baked Feta Pasta using crumbled feta cheese?
Yes, when using a crumbled feta it will still work out! Keep the feta stacked close together in the middle to help create a melty consistency.