Hunting for a better than box-mix brownies option? This Gluten Free Brownies Recipe is outrageously chocolatey, chewy and irresistible bursts of flavour in every bite. An easy dessert recipe that requires only one bowl to create a ridiculously fudgy, chocolate-chip-stuffed, gluten free brownie from scratch.
With just one bowl and less than 20 minutes, you’ll truly have the best gluten free brownies from scratch or just the best brownies!
Easy Gluten Free Brownies Recipes
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter 170g – cut into pieces
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips 100g – chopped
- ½ cup natural cocoa powder unsweetened (50g)
- ¾ cup sugar 150g
- ¾ cup light brown sugar 150g – firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour 125g
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips 150g
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine butter and ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir well, microwave for another 15 seconds and then stir well again.
- Repeat for 15 seconds until chocolate and butter are completely melted and well-combined.
- Add cocoa powder, stir well.
- Add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- After each addition, stir well, and then stir another 30 seconds.
- Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Add gluten free flour, stir until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared 9×9 pan.
- Bake on 350F (177C) for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly fudgy, but not wet with batter.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Recipe Tips & Notes
Why We Love This Chocolatey Brownie Recipe
It offers an intense chocolate flavour. As classic chocolate lovers, we enjoy the rich, fudgy decadence of these GF brownies coupled with the added chocolate chips!
While this may be merely an aesthetic preference, everyone loves a shiny meringue-like top and this gluten free recipe delivers! Chill your gluten free brownie batter before baking for the best crackling top.
Does Gluten Free Brownie Box-Mix Exist?
Yes, gluten free brownie box mix does exist. There are several different brownie box-mix options for Celiacs available now including Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix and Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix. Both are easy brownie box mix options available online and in-stores.
Can you use white chocolate instead?
White chocolate and milk chocolates yield different results when substituting in recipes. Unfortunately, a straight substitution of the chocolate used with white chocolate will result in an oily and too sweet texture.
Are semisweet chocolate chips gluten free?
The easy answer is yes, most semisweet chocolate chips are naturally gluten free. It is important to always read labels and watch for the hidden gluten. There are options available that state being gluten free including Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.