Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (*gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey (*watch for gluten)
- 1/2 cup shallots (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (spiralized or julienned)
- 2 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 package rice noodles (*gluten free)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (unsalted & crushed)
- 1 lime (quartered)
- 1/2 cup green onion (diced)
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is fully cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from pan and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, vinegar, tamari, peanut butter, and honey.
- Return the sliced chicken to your skillet over low heat.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and rice noodles.
- Pour the sauce over top and toss to coat.
- Divide the pad thai between 4 plates and garnish each serving with crushed peanuts and green onion.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on more flavour.