As temperatures begin to drop, warm gluten free dinner ideas start dancing in our heads. This naturally gluten free Creamy Pumpkin Soup recipe is one we can’t wait to enjoy in the cooler months. Easily made to be vegetarian & vegan too! Even the kids will eat this pumpkin soup.
Lets make this wonderful, savoury soup, that’s good for you too!
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- Place vegetable stock, pumpkin puree, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, and peppercorns in a large pot; bring to a slow boil on medium.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender or food processor in batches; blend until smooth.
- Return soup to the pan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Looking for pumpkin puree? Give Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Puree a try with this soup recipe!