Canadian Style Gluten Free Poutine Gravy
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2-3 cups chicken/beef broth
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2-4 tablespoons cornstarch
- pepper (to taste)
- spices (as desired)
- In medium pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and whisk to combine - a thick paste will form.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture turns lightly golden brown, about three minutes.
- Whisking constantly, add chicken/beef broth in a slow and steady stream.
- Cook until gravy thickens, about four minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl & whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Add cornstarch slurry to gravy mixture gradually to thicken
- Continue whisking and bring gravy to a boil - reduce heat to low.
- Whisk gravy occasionally while you prepare the french fries.