Meaty Gluten Free Spinach Lasagna
you need to do is assemble this super easy lasagna and you’ll have a hearty, family-pleasing meal waiting for you and the whole family to enjoy!
- 28 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach defrosted and drained
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 500 g extra lean ground beef
- 375 g lean ground pork
- ½ lb. uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
Preparing the Layers
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, spinach, egg, and mozzarella - set aside
- In a frying pan cook ground beef and pork until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain and rinse cooked beef & pork in a strainer.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1/2 cup of marinara sauce into cooked meat - set aside.
Assembling the Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Ladle a quarter of the marinara sauce along the bottom of a greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- The bottom should be thoroughly covered in sauce.
- Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle an additional quarter of sauce over the noodles, covering all of the noodles.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to smooth.
- Add a single layer of cooked ground beef & pork mixture.
- Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the cheese, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle another quarter of the sauce on top of the noodles, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Press another layer of noodles onto the cheese and top with the remaining sauce.
- Take care that the noodles are entirely covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees until cooked through.