A staple in kitchens everywhere and now yours too. Make this easy gluten free lasagna recipe that’s jammed full of spinach, meats, cheese and flavour in every bite. This lasagna recipe does take a little work, but it is so satisfying and filling that it’s worth it every time!
Use your favourite gluten free noodles, without precooking, and have a delicious gluten free dinner any night of the week. It even can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 months!
Meaty Gluten Free Spinach Lasagna
you need to do is assemble this super easy lasagna and you’ll have a hearty, family-pleasing meal waiting for you and the whole family to enjoy!
- 28 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach defrosted and drained
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 500 g extra lean ground beef
- 375 g lean ground pork
- ½ lb. uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
Preparing the Layers
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, spinach, egg, and mozzarella - set aside
- In a frying pan cook ground beef and pork until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain and rinse cooked beef & pork in a strainer.
- In a medium bowl, stir 1/2 cup of marinara sauce into cooked meat - set aside.
Assembling the Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Ladle a quarter of the marinara sauce along the bottom of a greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- The bottom should be thoroughly covered in sauce.
- Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle an additional quarter of sauce over the noodles, covering all of the noodles.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to smooth.
- Add a single layer of cooked ground beef & pork mixture.
- Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the cheese, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle another quarter of the sauce on top of the noodles, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Press another layer of noodles onto the cheese and top with the remaining sauce.
- Take care that the noodles are entirely covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees until cooked through.
Make one of our most popular gluten free recipes today to find out what all the fuss is about!
How to Make Gluten Free Lasagna in 5 Easy Steps
Here’s what you can expect when you make homemade gluten free lasagna:
- Make the meat sauce.
- Make the ricotta mixture.
- Layer according to the recipe instructions/desired.
- Cover with foil and bake.
- Let rest before serving.
How Long to Cook Gluten Free Lasagna
The assembled lasagna should take about 50 minutes to cook in an oven preheated to 375 degrees F. Cover it with foil for the first 25 minutes, then let it cook uncovered for the final 25 minutes. Also, it’s important to let rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes before you cut into it. This will help hold in all that delicious flavour.
How to Freeze Gluten Free Lasagna
If you’re planning to freeze, it’s best to cook it in a foil baking dish. Allow the casserole to cool, then cover the whole thing in at least one layer of storage wrap. Wrap it again in aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for up to three months.
How to Reheat Gluten Free Lasagna
The best way to reheat is in the oven. Simply cover the leftovers with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for about half an hour, or until it’s heated through and the sauce is bubbly.
When reheating from frozen, thaw from frozen in the refrigerator overnight, then follow the reheating instructions above. If you don’t have time to thaw in the fridge, you can reheat it from frozen — just make sure to add a few minutes to the cook time to ensure it is heated through.