Waffles are a classic breakfast and brunch staple that have become so popular because of their amazing crispy golden exterior with deep pockets for holding syrup and butter!
Dreaming of eating waffles for breakfast all the time like we do? Everyone loves getting gluten free waffles at their favourite gluten free breakfast restaurants, but now they’re just as easy to make at home.
Equip yourself with your favourite toppings and customize to your hearts content when making these at home!
Homemade Gluten Free Belgian Waffles
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions
- Serve with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or any other favourite toppings.
Recipe Tips & Notes
Struggling to find gluten free all-purpose flour for your everyday baking needs? Shop from a variety of popular gluten free brands online! If you’re not a fan of all purpose flours, substitute with one you love!
Searching for that perfect waffle maker to add to your gluten free kitchen?
Consider the Cuisinart Round Waffle Maker available from Walmart or have a little extra fun with the Professional Rotated Bubble Waffle Machine that creates a large hexagon shape with unique bubbled texture!