Waffles are a classic breakfast and brunch staple that have become so popular because of their amazing crispy golden exterior with deep pockets for holding syrup and butter!
Want Belgian waffles all the time like we do? Everyone loves getting Belgian waffles at their favourite gluten free restaurants, but now they’re just as easy to make at home. Try our gluten free recipe below.
Homemade Gluten Free Belgian Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the gluten free flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions
- Serve with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or any other favourite toppings.