In this comprehensive guide, Dr. Peter H.R. Green, director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, and medical writer Rory Jones reveal the real scientific story behind gluten; examining the effects of gluten on your body and the many unintended consequences of removing it from your diet. Gluten Exposed is an essential resource for those with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or anyone considering a gluten-free diet.
Green and Jones bust through the misinformation and false claims about gluten to provide:
- An in-depth, easy-to-follow examination of symptoms and conditions associated with gluten, including celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, IBS, joint pain, brain fog, autism, diabetes, fatigue, itchy skin and fibromyalgia.
- An explanation of the pitfalls of the gluten-free diet and how to avoid them, not available in any other resource.
- A close look at the drugs, supplements, and other foods causing problems often blamed on gluten alone.
- A guide to the key nutrients critical for heart health, microbial diversity, and body strength that are often missing from a gluten-free diet.
- An understanding of how your gut talks to your brain, and how everything you ingest–both food and drugs–affects your overall mood and health.
- A road map for how to deal with the constant stress and social constraints of the gluten-free diet.
Gluten Exposed is the definitive book on gluten and offers clear, welcome guidance that can help you make better decisions about your diet and achieve a healthier, symptom-free life.
Peter H.R. Green, M.D., is the director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University. He is the Ivan and Phyllis Seidenberg Professor of Medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University and attending physician at the Columbia University Medical Center (New York-Presbyterian Hospital). Celiac disease has been his focus for the last 25 years with equal concentration on patient care and research. He is the co-author of Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic and Gluten Exposed: The Science Behind the Hype and How to Navigate to a Healthy, Symptom-Free Life.