Cooking for a family with varying dietary restrictions can be a challenge―especially if one of the restrictions is gluten, which is in many of our favorite foods. It’s easy to find yourself cooking one thing for your gluten-free eater and another for everyone else. And it’s even easier to find yourself giving in to those expensive, processed foods in the gluten-free aisle of your grocery store.
Pamela Ellgen is all too familiar with this story. As a wife and the mother of two boys, one of whom eats a gluten-free diet, she knows firsthand the stress that comes with cooking for multiple diets. As a food blogger, certified personal trainer, and author of the bestselling Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook, she knows that for every dietary restriction there’s the perfect dietary solution.
In The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families Pamela shares her family-friendly, gluten-free solutions with you! Enjoy the simple, healthy, budget-friendly recipes in this gluten-free cookbook that meet your gluten-free eater’s dietary needs while meeting everyone’s craving for scrumptious home cooking.
- No time? No worries! The recipes in this gluten-free cookbook can be made in 30 minutes or less.
- From breakfast, lunch, and dinner to sides, sauces, and snacks―you’ll never be without options with 150 tasty gluten-free recipes to choose from.
- Where there’s one dietary restriction there’s likely more. This gluten-free cookbook provides multiple substitutions for avoiding the Big 8 allergens.
- Nearly all recipes can be made with your basic kitchen appliances using everyday ingredients.
- Special recipes that require ingredients that are more expensive than others, but worth it for special occasions, are clearly labeled “Splurge-Worthy.”
“A veteran of the gluten-free diet, Pamela takes the mystery out of gluten-free cooking and infuses it with flavor.”–Alice Bast, CEO of Beyond Celiac
The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families is your essential resource for serving quick, healthy, affordable, gluten-free meals that offer the variety and flavors your family will love.
PAMELA ELLGEN is a food blogger, certified personal trainer, and author of several books on cooking, nutrition, and fitness, including Sheet Pan Paleo and the bestselling Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook. Her work has been published in Huffington Post, LIVESTRONG, Darling magazine, and Spinning.com. She lives in California with her husband and two sons. When she’s not in the kitchen, she enjoys practicing yoga, surfing, and exploring the local farmers’ market.
ALICE BAST is the founder and CEO of Beyond Celiac, a national patient advocacy organization dedicated to serving people with celiac disease. Diagnosed after a decade-long search for answers to her life-interrupting symptoms, Bast founded Beyond Celiac in 2003, then known as the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, to ensure that others did not suffer for years without answers the way she did. Today, Beyond Celiac serves over 2 million people through its robust social media presence and comprehensive website, www.BeyondCeliac.org.