Potato Casserole - Gluten Free Side Dishes
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (use milk of preference)
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 large shallots (minced)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add potatoes to a large stock pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the potatoes are cooked through and a knife pierces easily to the center.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the sour cream and milk to the pot and, using a potato masher, smash until desired texture is reached*
- Fold in the cheddar cheese, shallots, salt and pepper (optional).
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a medium gratin or baking dish (approximately 2 1/2 quart)*
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and finish under the broiler until golden, about 2 minutes.