This pasta primavera with Italian sausage is the healthy, hearty gluten free pasta dish you’ve been looking for.
Easy to prepare in under an hour and it is customizable to fit to your entire households taste bud desires.
Whether you use a gluten free fettuccine pasta or any of your favourite gluten free pasta options, this pasta primavera dish is going to be loved by all at your dinner table.
Not a fan of an included ingredient? Substitute for something you like. This recipe adapts very easily for all dietary requirements.
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera with Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Italian sausages cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 package fettuccini pasta gluten free
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper ground
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch baby kale chopped
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup bell mushrooms as desired
- 1 cup perline mozzarella as desired
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat
- Add sliced sausage and cook through, approximately 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic, onion, oregano and pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes
- Add tomato paste; cook, stirring, until it melts down and darkens slightly
- Reduce heat to medium-low
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds
- Stir in heavy cream, then kale, broccoli; cook until wilted, about 2 minutes
- Add the cooked pasta and toss gently to combine
- Sprinkle parmesan over the pasta and add the pasta water, small tablespoons at a time, tossing gently until the cheese is melted and the sauce evenly coats the pasta
- Garnish with more Parmesan and perline mozzarella, if desired
Recipe Tips & Notes
Gluten Free Journey offers a growing collection of delicious dinner ideas! View our Gluten Free Dinner Recipes and enjoy creating new recipes with the whole family. Every gluten free recipe is created for Celiacs, by a Celiac, including this Pasta Primavera Recipe!
Don’t forget, shop for Gluten Free Pasta Options with Well.ca and have everything shipped directly to your home! Explore a collection of gluten free pasta options and be inspired in the kitchen again.
This recipe is OUTSTANDING! I make minor changes to it and it comes out delicious everytime. I use one 15oz can of diced tomatoes (w/Basil,Oregano,Garlic flavoring) in place of the tomatoe paste, I use Romano cheese in place of the Parmesan and I use a total of 1/4 cup of oil instead of the 1/2 cup. I love it with the turkey sausage but have also made it with grilled chicken. This is now my favorite recipe!!!!